This here, my friends, has to be some sort of record for the tardiest post ever. BUT, after a mere eight months, I'm finally recapping our trip to India & Sri Lanka (and aren't ya glad?!). Maarten and I went there last November to combine a work trip with some jungle adventures.
We flew into Delhi, and from there took the train up to Rishikesh, where we were based for the first few days of work. The above images are just a few random snaps from a disposable film camera (a vacation favourite!). Coming up, more from our trip to the north of India, visiting farmer communities in the mountains, staying in the haunted house of hotels and biking through Delhi.
- Taking the train from Delhi to Rishikesh was a surprisingly pleasant way to travel (also a way to avoid as many "unnecessary" flights as possible).
- At the office in Rishikesh
- The view of the Ganges from our hotel in Rishikesh
- Street tailors in Delhi
- Cycling through Delhi in the early morning
- One of the snaps of our stay in the "haunted house", in the middle of nowhere. I was sure we'd emerge with a few people missing the morning after, but more on this in a later post...